It’s the time of year famous for over-indulging, where everything seems to be dipped in chocolate or wrapped in bacon. So how on earth do you enjoy your Christmas dinner without having to sacrifice your calorie goals?
Choosing a good quality turkey as the centrepiece of the meal is a good start. Turkey is a naturally lean meat packed full of protein and B vitamins. It is low in saturated fat and low in calories – even lower than chicken. So eat up! Pre-order your Skinni Christmas Turkey here.
Pack your plate full of colourful vegetables and you can’t go wrong. Delicious and filling they are the perfect complement to your turkey.
You can still have roasties – just choose to coat them in a low fat cooking spray, like coconut oil spray, rather than dosing them with olive oil. Par boil and give them a good shake in a colander before you put them in the roasting dish to create lots of rough edges which will go lovely and crispy without all the fat.
Why not exchange the sausage meat in your stuffing for Skinni links and see how many calories you can save? Here’s our quick win Sausage & Herb Stuffing recipe to help you out.
- Squeeze out the sausage meat from your Skinni pork links, into a good size mixing bowl.
- Mix in the zest of half a lemon, some finely chopped onions and sage and parsley to taste.
- Add one beaten egg to bind it all together, cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° and spray a baking tray with some cooking spray.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place a few centimetres apart on the tray.
- Cooking time will vary depending on how large you roll your balls. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden on the outside.